Decibel Team’s Top Tens: Kit Tilleard’s Top 10 Comedy Songs
1. Dan and Dan – ‘The Daily Mail Song’
- A fine tribute to everyone’s favorite ‘newspaper’.
2. The Grand Spectacular – ‘Being a Dickhead’s Cool’
- Been to Shoreditch recently? These guys took everything you were thinking and transformed it into a three minute slice of viral greatness.
3. Amateur Transplants – ‘London Underground’
- It hit the net in 2007 but, unfortunately, is still as relevant as it is hilarious.
4. Monty Python – ‘Penis Song’
- A short but perfectly formed number hidden away in The Meaning of Life. There’s some good advice in there.
5. The Lonely Island – ‘Natalie’s Rap’
- We’ve all heard ‘I’m On a Boat’, but this album track from the boys that brought you such greats as ‘Dick in a Box’ reveals a side to Queen Amidala that we never new existed. What would Luke Say?
6. ‘Star Wars Gangsta Rap’
- A long time ago in a galaxy far far away… if far far away was somewhere near Compton rather than Tatoine.
7. The Lancashire Hotpots – ‘He’s Turned Emo’
- As they say them selves – It’s modern folk for modern folk. If you like what you hear don’t be afraid to check out other gems such as ‘Chippy Tea’ and ‘Bitter, Lager, Cider, Ale, Stout’.
8. Hugh Laurie – ‘America’
- Springsteen eat your heart out.
9. The Axis of Awesome – ‘Four Chord Song’
- It’s funny because it’s true. Is popular music really this formulaic? If you haven’t seen it, prepare for a bittersweet few minutes where some classics are boiled down to what they really are.
10. David O’Doherty – ‘My Beefs’
- Just one man and his tiny electric keyboard setting the world to rights. There’s a new edition every year, covering anything that gets on his wick and yours too probably. A personal favorite is 2010.